Fire Burns Mobile Home, Camper, And Vehicles

SMITHFIELD – The Red Cross is assisting five people who were displaced by a fire at their home.  The fire was reported at 6:40pm Friday, July 23rd on Whitley Oaks Court off Yelverton Grove Road. 

Firefighters arrived on the scene to find heavy flames coming from the rear of the mobile home.   It took crews just under an hour to contain. 

Johnston County Fire Marshal Adam Stanley said the fire started in a shed then spread to a camper, mobile home and two vehicles.   Investigators determined the fire was sparked by an electrical failure and was ruled accidental.

The Smithfield, Selma, Brogden and Pine Level Fire Departments responded.  Johnston County EMS provided rehab support for the firefighters.

No injuries were reported.