Fire Marshal: House Fire Sparked By Electric Heater

fire-vinson-road-12-5-6The Johnston County Fire Marshal’s Office has ruled a fire that destroyed a home Monday as accidental. Shortly before 6:00am crews from the Wilson’s Mills, Clayton, Selma and Smithfield Fire Departments responded to a fire that had engulfed a two story home at 1879 Vinson Road in the Windsor Green subdivision.

No one was at home at the time. A passerby reported the blaze.

Fire Marshal Adam Stanley said the fire was accidental and started due to combustibles too close to an electric heater that had been left turned on in a bedroom.

According to county tax records, the home is owned by Kevin and Kimberly Stevens. The tax value of the home was $203,370.