Around 4:00pm, fire crews rushed to a barn fire in the 300 block of East Main Street in Micro. Fireman arrived to find the barn fully engulfed in flames. Micro Police shut down a section of Main Street for a brief period of time.
Fire Marshal Kevin Hubbard told WTSB News the fire was started by a child who had discarded smoking materials. The blaze was ruled accidental and no injuries were reported.
The Micro, Kenly, and Bethany Fire Departments responded to the scene along with Johnston County EMS.
Photos courtesy JoCoFire.com