4 Inmates Treated For Smoke Inhalation After Fire Inside Jail

Four inmates were treated and released from the hospital today (Thursday) after inhaling smoke from a fire in the laundry room inside the Harnett County Detention Center.

The fire was reported at 8:10AM.  The inmates were transported to Central Harnett Hospital as a precaution.  The inmates are now back in jail.

Harnett County fire officials said it appears the smoke was from an industrial clothes dryer. The fire was quickly contained by a sprinkler system.