Clothes Dryer Blamed For Fire

Fire-Old-Cabin-Court-FIThe Johnston County Fire Marshal’s Office ruled Friday a fire that caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to a home as accidental.

The blaze occurred Monday morning at 259 Old Cabin Court, Angier, in western Johnston County. 

Assistant Fire Marshal Banks Wallace said the fire originated in the dryer. Clothes that had been taken out of the dryer and placed in a plastic clothes basket heated to its ignition point and started the fire. 

Four adults were displaced by the fire but luckily no injuries were reported. 

The Red Cross was called to assist the family.  The 50-210, West Johnston, and Elevation Fire Departments responded and put out the fire.