Honor Wall to be located in new Resource Center and Library
To honor our Harnett County veterans, Harnett County Veterans Services is coordinating a Wall of Honor to be displayed in the new Harnett County Resource Center & Library.
The Veterans Wall of Honor will provide an opportunity to commemorate Harnett County veterans and honor those individuals for their service to our Country and Community through Education, Medical, Political and or community impact. Nominations can be made for an individual who served in any of our five military branches.
To nominate a veteran for the Wall of Honor, the veteran must meet the following criteria:
- Time frame: WWI and forward
- Discharge: Honorable only
- Rank: Nominee can be of any rank
- Residency Criteria: Born in Harnett County or have been established as a resident for 5 years
- Nominee can be living or deceased.
- Nomination is for service to Country and Community through Education, Medical, Political and or community impact.
To submit a nomination, complete the Wall of Honor nomination form. Nomination forms will be accepted November 11, 2019 through November 11, 2020. All nomination forms can be emailed to Amy Noel at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to Harnett County Veteran Services, P. O. Box 232, Lillington, NC 27546.
Nomination forms can also be dropped off at the Veterans Services Office, located at 817 South 8th Street, Lillington, NC 27546.
For more information on the Harnett County Veterans Wall of Honor, contact Harnett County Veterans Services at 910-893-7574.