Wilson’s Mills Elementary School kindergarten-first grade looping elementary teacher Fallon Pleasants has been nominated for the 2018-2019 national LifeChanger of the Year award.
Pleasants was recognized as a LifeChanger in her community for creating a nurturing and welcoming classroom atmosphere for her students. Her students feel completely at home and ready to learn with her as their guide.
Pleasants was nominated by an anonymous friend.
“While visiting Ms. Pleasants’ classroom last Christmas to help her students work on ornaments, I witnessed a special bond between the students and their teacher like I have never imagined,” said her nominator. “She values everybody equally and deserves this recognition.”
About LifeChanger of the Year
Sponsored by the National Life Group Foundation, LifeChanger of the Year recognizes and rewards the very best K-12 educators and school district employees across the United States who are making a difference in the lives of students by exemplifying excellence, positive influence and leadership.
Each school year, LifeChanger of the Year receives hundreds of nominations from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Seventeen individual LifeChanger of the Year awards will be given during the 2018-2019 school year.
- (1) Grand Prize Winner – will receive $10,000 to be shared with their school/district.
- (4) Grand Prize Finalists – will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school/district.
- (10) LifeChanger Award Winners – will receive $3,000 to be shared with their school/district.
- (1) Spirit Award Winner – This award is given to the nominee whose community demonstrates the most support for their nomination. The winner will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school/district.
- (1) Spotlight Award Winner – This award is given to a nominee in a specific discipline each year. For 2018-19, the Spotlight Award will be given to a nominee who works in a counseling role (e.g, guidance counselor, social worker). The winner will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school or district.
Winners are announced via surprise award ceremonies held at their schools. The grand prize finalists will also be honored at a national awards ceremony in April 2019 in Hawaii, where the Grand Prize Winner will be revealed.