Man Burned In House Fire Sparked By Refrigerator

One person was seriously burned in a fire at a western Johnston County home Thursday night.

The fire caused significant damage to the 4 year-old home at 143 Lake Blanchard Drive in the Millstone Ridge subdivision off Highway 210 near Angier.

Six people were in the home when flames broke out.  Two adults and three children made it out unharmed but one adult was burned in their face and upper extremities and taken to the UNC Hospital Burn Center.

Johnston County Fire Marshal Adam Stanley said the fire originated from a refrigerator-freezer appliance in the garage.  The fire was ruled accidental.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

The West Johnston, 50-210, and Elevation Fire Departments responded.  Photos courtesy