Thursday, October 17, 2019

Another JCI Participant Wins Award

Sara B., a JCI participant, is employed at Wilson’s Mills Baptist Child Care Center as a Floater. She has been working there for ten...

Triangle East Chamber Named 2019 Outstanding Chamber of the Year

The Carolinas Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (CACCE) recognized the 2019 Outstanding Chamber of the Year (for a chamber with under 700 members)...

Ahead Of Expected Busy Fall Wildfire Season, Fire Officials Urge Caution And Offer Tips...

Oct. 6-12 is National Fire Prevention Week As we enter the start of the fall wildfire season, the N.C. Forest Service and the USDA Forest...

Commissioners Approve CSS Grant Matching Funds

Community and Senior Services of Johnston County (CSS) has received approval from Johnston County Commissioners to apply for a NC Department of Transportation grant...

Casey Wiley Named NC Detention Officer of the Year

Sampson County Detention Officer Casey Wiley was presented Sept. 25th with the North Carolina Detention Officer of the Year Award at the North Carolina Jail Administrators...

Social Security Matters – What Will My Widow’s Benefit Be?

by AMAC Certified Social Security Advisor Russell Gloor Association of Mature American Citizens Ask Rusty – What Will My Widow’s Benefit Be? Dear Rusty: My husband just...

Retirement Reception Honors Caregiver For 41 Years Of Dedicated Service

A Retirement Reception was held for Ms. Janice Gaddis a Certified Nursing Assistant at Smithfield Manor Nursing and Rehab on September 20th.  Gaddis was honored...

Pallet Manufacturer To Create 50 New Jobs In Dunn

Pallet Consultants of North Carolina, a manufacturer and distributor of pallets, will create 50 new jobs in Harnett County, Governor Roy Cooper announced Wednesday....

Congressman Honors Retired Radio Legend Carl Lamm

U.S. Congressman David Rouzer (R-NC) on Monday honored recently retired radio legend Carl Lamm. Rouzer presented Mr. Lamm with a flag that was flown over...

Uptown Selma Partnership

By: Scott Bolejack The Selma Town Council has a new partner in its bid to breathe renewed life into uptown. The council formally recognized the Uptown...